Kanas Wheat at Sunset

Kanas Wheat at Sunset

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Weekend Overview


Oh the joys of going back to work! Ok dont get me wrong I love my job and I am very thankful for it. But seriously who loves their job more then the weekend? If you can name one person please let me know and I will eat my words! :) I had an amazing weekend and I know this post is late I still want to talk about every single thing but I will contain myself to just the important things. Which was well everything in my opinion.

Friday night: Ryan and I had a great date night we went to see the new pixar movie Brave. It was well worth it, pixar has never disappointed me with a movie and I rather watch a disney or pixar movie any day then watch the ever popular movies that either make you feel gross afterwards, scared to walk outside, or just plain miffed on why they made the movie.  We then took a drive out to see the Shawnee County fishing lake and some houses that are for sale out in the country. It was really relaxing just driving around and listening to the night noises at the lake.

Saturday: we headed to Maple Hill for a company picnic for Bartlett and West, the engineering company ryan works for. The picnic was held at the Prairie Fire Lodge and Resort. And it was a resort This place was breathtaking.  http://www.prairiefirelodge.com/index.shtm and its right smack dab in the middle of kansas hidden away off on a dirt road but still close to a little town called Maple Hill. (you may know this town for their ever famous steak house "puffys Steakhouse" Had thier food at my sisters wedding and it was sooo good!)

We left their around 4:00 and decided to do some sight seeing and geocaching. I finally found my first Geocach! it was out by this gorgeous old stone church and cemetery. I was so excited that I found it that I made him take a picture to record it but sadly I dont have the picture to show you, (actually maybe thats a good thing!).

That evening we went to the dirt track races and watched some great races and even better people watching!

Whats up ahead: Next weekend Im heading out to the big town of Oakley Kansas to see Connie and Dennis who are like another set of grandparents to me! They mean alot and I haven't seen them since my college graduation. Also they have yet to meet the boyfriend and they keep asking about him. So im draggin him out to the middle of nowheresville to meet them and spend the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment