Kanas Wheat at Sunset

Kanas Wheat at Sunset

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Creative Cooking

Last night I decided I would try my hand at cooking for my Dad and Boyfriend. I Love to cook but hate cooking for myself so the only times I cook are when I am planning on having someone over.
So when my dad said he was going to be in town I jumped on the chance to finally cook for him in my apartment.
Menu:
-Chicken in the Paula Deen Peach Salad Dressing- cooked on the Grill
- Rolls- greatest invention ever they are already cooked rolls you put some butter on them pop them in the oven for 5 mins. and you have some of the best tasting rolls.
- Corn on the Cob: cooked on the Grill
- Peaches on Personal Shortcakes with whip cream.

(Can you tell I am a bit obsessed with Peaches?)

I am not a fancy cook and I usually try to find the simplest way to do it but still taste cook. Oh and I like to experiment.
The Peach Salad dressing was something I had found at Wal-Mart and wanted to try because well it is made with Peaches. Verdict: not so good on Salads....Great on Grilled Chicken for a light fruity taste.

I was a bit worried that everything was either over cooked or under cooked and it would taste horrible but it all turned out fine (or at least i thought so) I didn't have any leftovers so that must mean the boys liked it...right?

Tip of the day: It's summer time which means Fresh produce everywhere you turn! The best part Farmers Markets. I am lucky to live in a city that supports a large farmers market twice a week. So if you are lucky enough to live in a town that supports Farmers Markets DO NOT take it for granted. Get out there and steal some deals on fresh produce and home baked goods.
The corn that I used I got from a family that was selling 6 ears for $2.50 and a dozen for $5.00
The peaches were a little bit more pricey $3.50 for 5 but they were so full of flavor and juicy that I really didn't mind.
(can you tell that I am bit obsessed with Farmers Markets as well)I love meeting the people and seeing where they have their farms or businesses located, more than likely they have days where you can go out and visit getting a tour and even being able to pick fruit, veggies, lavender, honey, etc.
I already have a list of places I want to go visit that are located around Topeka Kansas.

what are some other great items that you have gotten from Farmers Markets this summer?
Let me know if you have any great Corn recipes I still have 3 ears left!

No comments:

Post a Comment