Kanas Wheat at Sunset

Kanas Wheat at Sunset

Monday, August 20, 2012

My list of trying something new

* Getting in shape: Today I took a hard look at myself and realized I am slowly becoming unhappy with the way I look. I decided that I need to really try at this thing called working out and getting in shape.
Step One: Try and find a workout partner and gym
Success my friend Becky works out at gym that is not super expensive and gave me a contact to call and set up a meet and greet appointment!
Depending on how tomorrow goes I may be signing a contract with Maximus Fitness and trying to get a personal trainer to help me get started.

* Getting involved with Topeka Community and finding events and a class or two that have people my age! List of things I am interested in trying: dancing, art, pottery, zoo volunteering, choir of some type, cooking classes! Who knows what I will find.

* Arts and Crafts and DIY projects in my apartment. I sometimes get these great ideas to help decorate and then I never do it cause I get busy or discouraged on not being able to do it. Well I finally have a great idea and I will get it completed.

* When I feel like I have accomplished something on my list I want to treat my self to pair of "Highland Creek" shoes they are on my wish/want list of shoes and clothes lately and the price is affordable right now!

* Taking daily walks in the morning or evening with Maizie "my doxen" I feel like she is not getting out enough and I also feel the same way about myself so evening and morning walks would really help us both.

* Sort and Donate unwanted clothes. After moving so many times I have a tub of clothing that I have rally not gone through in the past 6 months and I think it is about time that I sort them and give them away along with any clothing that is not fitting me or is just worn out. I am tired of seeing small clothes that I will never wear and feeling that I should be wearing them because I own them but I never do.

* I am cutting myself off from buying anymore clothes until I am happy with my body and my Bank account is ready for it! I realized that I have started looking for clothes in a bigger size and it really hurt to realize that I have gained that much weight in the past 6 months from starting my job.

*Saving money for future events: I want to set up a jar system to where I make a goal to put in certain amount of money each week to each jar that I am wanting to save money for a trip or event!

* Please pray for me in keeping motivated in helping me see my goals clearly on a daily bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment